Friday, January 27, 2012

Parmesan Tilapia


First thing's first: I fit into my skinny jeans! After one month of being on this diet, I've managed to drop one size. Basically, I estimate that to be about 10 pounds. So yay! Eating healthy and watching everything I eat is really helping.
I am understandably proud of myself, and really enjoying coming up with new recipes to try.

Now on to tonight's dinner:



Husband and I fended for ourselves tonight, which meant I could make fish! I love fish. It's so good for you, so easy to make, and so tasty.

I discovered this recipe a couple weeks ago on Caloriecount.com and made it for one of my first diet dinners. I've adapted it slightly, and I make only single portions of it. Regardless, I'm repeating this excellent recipe tonight and posting here so you can also enjoy this delicious Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.

Ingredients:
1 tilapia fillet (Buy frozen and defrost by leaving one or how ever many you want in the refrigerator for a day.)
1/8 cup bread crumbs (You can actually estimate downward on this and the cheese, as you won't use a full 1/8 cup. I just shook some crumbs and cheese out onto a plate as much as I thought would be needed to cover my tilapia.)
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of Paprika
1 egg

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Rinse the defrosted tilapia fillet to get rid of excessive fishiness or any skin.
3. Beat egg in a small bowl.
4. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika on a plate.
5. Dip tilapia in the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
6. Roll the tilapia in the bread mixture, being sure to coat both sides with the bread crumbs and cheese.
7. Set tilapia in a greased glass dish and then back it for about 12 minutes. Be sure to watch your oven, because tilapia cooks quickly. Leave it too long and it dries out.

Enjoy!

I served mine on a bed of spinach with Sun Dried Tomato vinaigrette dressing. Soo good! I have to convince my husband to like fish one of these days.

Nutritional Facts: 1 tilapia fillet
Calories: 218
Total Fat: 6.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.1g
Cholesterol: 113mg
Sodium: 346mg
Total Carbs: 10.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Sugars: 1.1g
Protein: 29.2g
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 1%
Calcium: 19%
Iron: 12%

No comments:

Post a Comment