Monday, February 27, 2012

Chinese Breakfast and Salad Day

After the bottle of wine last night, I woke up a little bit hungover and craving Chinese. Luckily I had an option here in the house and didn't have to order in. Trader Joe's Chicken Gyoza potsickers are easy to make, curb my cravings, and are not an entirely unhealthy option. Granted, I could have made a much healthier decision, but I'd still be craving Chinese, and might cave and order something far less healthy.

So yes, I had potstickers for breakfast. I'm an adult. We can do that!

I went with the full serving size, in part so I didn't have to do any math. (Hangover, remember?) I washed the whole thing down with a sparkling water, so the carbonation could calm my stomach and I didn't incur any more calories.

Breakfast:
Trader Joe's Chicken Gyoza Potstickers (7)
Target Brand Sparkling Water

Nutritional Info on Breakfast:
Calories: 230
Carb: 36g
Protein: 13g
Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 30mg
Sodium: 640 mg
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 2g
Vitamin A: 0 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 20 mg
Iron: mg: 2.7 mg
Potassium: 0 mg

Not an awful way to start the day, but certainly not the best choice. Besides, by the time 2 o'clock came around, I was hungry again and dying for some vegetables. Specifically I was craving avocado again. (Ok, so it's technically a fruit. It's still green!) I decided to go out and eat at a place that had outdoor seating and would prepare my food for me.

Taco Mac just opened up the corner, and I remembered they make an amazing Shrimp and Avocado salad. So I grabbed some of my writing, drove up the street, found a nice table on the patio, and ordered a salad. It was so good! Exactly what I wanted. It has blue cheese, black beans, and tomatoes in addition to blackened shrimp and creamy avocado. I ordered honey mustard on the side and used only a tiny portion; the salad didn't need it!
Nutritional Info on Lunch:
Calories: 530
Carb: 40g
Protein: 25g
Fat: 33g
Saturated Fat: 6.5g
Cholesterol: 155mg
Sodium: 1310 mg (Whoops! Too high)
Fiber: 15g
Sugars: 14g
Vitamin A: 16000 IU (Wow. Good on Vitamin A today!)
Vitamin C: 36 mg
Calcium: 250 mg
Iron: 4.5 mg
Potassium: 0 mg

Then I didn't get hungry for dinner until around 8. I had originally planned to make Chicken Pot Pie, but after that salad, I really wasn't wanting anything so heavy. Husband wasn't hungry either and was craving a smoothie. What a great idea!

I whipped up a fruit smoothie with a cup of strawberries, half a cup of mixed berries, and a cup of 2% milk. I forgot to sweeten it, so it could have used some honey. But it was still good.

Smoothie Nutritional Info:
Calories: 173
Carb: 34g
Protein: 5.5g
Fat: 2.9g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 9.8mg
Sodium: 54 mg
Fiber: 7.2g
Sugars: 21g
Vitamin A: 380 IU
Vitamin C: 106 mg
Calcium: 188 mg
Iron: 2mg
Potassium: 510mg

I was a little low on calories by the time I finished, so I made a quick Tuna salad with a touch of mustard and some shredded carrots atop a bed of spinach. Now, I'm ridiculously full and I hit my calorie goals and many of my nutritional goals as well. Yay, healthy day.

Nutritional Info on Dinner:
Calories: 233.9
Carb: 7.2g
Protein: 43.5g
Fat: 1.7g
Saturated Fat: 0.4g
Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 251 mg (not the best)
Fiber: 2.7 g
Sugars: 3.1 g
Vitamin A: 13,597 IU (Damn)
Vitamin C: 12.2 mg
Calcium: 69.2 mg
Iron: 3.5 mg
Potassium: 763 mg

So I did an awesome job on calories, carbs, protein, Vitamins A & C, & even fiber. I feel pretty good about my choices today despite my potsticker breakfast. Even though I didn't spend much time cooking, I had a very healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment